Effective Date: [August 1, 2008]
Last Updated: [October 28, 2015]
Purpose of the Privacy Statement
Your privacy is important to us and we understand that information about you, your health, and your health care is sensitive. This Privacy Statement explains how the ConvaTec Group of companies collect, use, and disclose certain information that is collected about you. The ConvaTec Group of companies includes ConvaTec Inc., ConvaTec Healthcare D S.a.r.l. (and all its direct and indirect subsidiaries), Unomedical a/s (and all its direct and indirect subsidiaries), Boston Medical Device Inc. (and all its direct and indirect subsidiaries) and Amcare Limited (and all its direct and indirect subsidiaries), hereinafter “We”. By providing information to us, contacting us, purchasing our products, or otherwise using our services (collectively, the “Services”), you acknowledge that you understand and agree to the terms of the Privacy Statement.
Information Voluntarily Provided by Users
We may collect two types of information from you: (A) Personally Identifiable Information and (B) Non-Personally Identifiable Information. By providing such information to us you understand and agree that no relationship has been created between us and you, and we have no obligation to you whatsoever regarding that information beyond what we have stated herein.
- Personally Identifiable Information
"Personally Identifiable Information" is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, or company name. We collect and store the Personally Identifiable Information that you have provided to us. Here are some examples of manners in which we may collect your Personally Identifiable Information:
- We may collect your email address, first and last name, phone number, mailing address, medical history, and billing information if you buy one of our products or authorize us to process a medical reimbursement claim;
- We may collect your first and last name and email address or phone number if you contact us with a question;
- We may collect your first and last name, date of birth and email address if you choose to participate in a contest or sweepstakes; and
- We may collect your name and email address when we request your response to a survey or when you ask to receive a newsletter.
The above list provides examples of the Personally Identifiable Information that we may collect. From time to time, we may collect Personally Identifiable Information from you in other ways that are not described above. If you do not want us to collect your Personally Identifiable Information, please do not provide it to us.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information
“Non-Personally Identifiable Information” does not identify you personally, such as gender, age, zip code, or nationality. We will not treat as confidential any information that you provide that is not Personally Identifiable, such as questions, comments, ideas, or suggestions. If you do not want us to collect your Non-Personally Identifiable Information, please do not provide it to us.
Use and Disclosure of Your Personally Identifiable Information That You Provide Voluntarily
We may share or disclose your Personally Identifiable Information in the following instances:
- To deliver services, such as information or newsletters you request, or to complete a transaction requested by you;
- To contact you about products or services that we believe may be of interest to you;
- To alert you to special offers, updated information and other new products or offers;
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who provide administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending customer communications on our behalf, and entry collection, winner selection and prize fulfillment for contests, sweepstakes and other promotions);
- To help us create and publish content that is relevant to you;
- To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users;
- To third parties as part of any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, or sales of all or substantially all of our assets;
- To track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from about our customers and provide such information to third parties; and
- To handle any physical or other type of threat made to you or others, to protect property or to defend or assert legal rights.
Except as described in this Privacy Statement or at the time we request the information, we do not otherwise use, share or disclose your personal information to any third parties without your permission
Use and Disclosure of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Non-Personally Identifiable Information may be used to conduct research on our users’ demographics and interests, customize your experience, or improve our services. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. We also may collect this information in other ways as permitted by applicable laws, including combining Non-Personally Identifiable Information with Personally Identifiable Information. We may provide this Non-Personally Identifiable Information to third parties. We also may provide trusted partners with general information regarding our customers.
Access, Update, and Correction of Personally Identifiable Information
If you do provide us with Personally Identifiable Information, you agree that we may contact you through a variety of means such as postal mail, phone, or e- mail. To opt-out of such marketing information or calls, or to update or correct your information, you may visit our website at www.convatecwebstore.com.my or call us at 1-800-880-601
We take reasonable precautions to maintain the protection of Personally Identifiable Information that we collect and use in accordance with this Privacy Statement. We have in place certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to protect the security and privacy of your personal information. When applicable, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect information we collect. In addition to technical safeguards, we also use physical controls and procedures to safeguard your Personally Identifiable Information. However, we cannot guarantee that it is completely secure from people who might attempt to evade our security measures.
Transfer of Control
In the event that all or part of our assets are reorganized or acquired by another party through a sale, divestiture, merger, acquisition, or other means of transfer, you grant us the right to assign, rent, license, or otherwise make such information available in connection with the contemplated transaction (without your consent or further notice to you). In such circumstances, we will seek written assurances that Personally Identifiable Information will be protected appropriately.
If you contact us regarding your experience with using any of our products, we may use the information you provide in submitting reports to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, other government agencies or other regulatory authorities, and as otherwise required of us by law or governmental audit. We may also use the information to contact your healthcare professional to follow up regarding an unexpected event involving the use of any one of our products. You understand that in order to comply with the law, we may not be permitted to comply with your request to amend or remove Personally Identifiable Information that was provided to us by a healthcare professional or a consumer regarding an adverse event or reaction involving medicine, medical products or medical devices.
In rare situations, we may be required by court order or other legal or regulatory process, or as otherwise required by law to divulge Personally Identifiable Information to law enforcement authorities, the courts, or regulatory authorities. We will cooperate in responding to such requests, in accordance with the regulatory or legal process, and will take appropriate measures to ensure that the requester understands the sensitive nature of any health-related personal information.
Changes in Our Privacy Statement
We may at any time revise this Privacy Statement by updating this posting. Please periodically visit our website to review the most current privacy statement.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or other aspects of our privacy practices, please contact us at 1-800-880-601